shirling & neueweise wrote:
mac F2007c
can anyone confirm this?
create a chord of C#-Eb in one measure and in the following measure C#-D#. hit opt-9 (enharmonic alteration) on the second chord and explode to 2 staves, 1 note per staff.
C# and Eb appear in the 1st measure BUT in the 2nd it is C# and ***Db***
it would seem finale retains the original note name that was entered but includes the alteration of the new enharmonic spelling. all i can say is: %*&?*!!!! (of course i notice this only once i'm on the final 3 parts of an orchestral score)

Not only can I confirm it, I've reported it to this list several times, the other forum, and to MM (who at the time were extremely inept in dealing with it).

There are actually 2 bugs:

1) Explode sometimes doesn't divide out the chords properly.
-what should be the top part suddenly duplicates the bottom part, for example

2) The enharmonic bug.
-enharmonics changed in the Speedy tool often resort to something other than what you have edited, and sometimes they change while you are working on something else!

This is my personal number 1 most annoying bug right now. I just don't have confidence that what I write stays the way I want it.

If this bothers you too, and it should, please send your concern to MM.

-Randolph Peters