When using GPO playback sometimes there will be a measure where the playback
speeds up momentarily. Sometimes there is a skip with static and pop noise.
And most of the time when playback stops there is static and an echo/delay
(not reverb) where the last few notes that were played are repeated with
static pop noise. There is also a speedup of the first few notes of
playback.

I've tried toggling match on/off but no improvement. I've also noticed that
if I use the mouse to manually play a GPO instrument using the virtual
on-screen keyboard GPO NI Virtual Instruments bank editor window it does
pretty much the same thing. There is a delay from when a key is pressed
until the sound is played, there are static noises and repeats of the notes.

It seems like some sort of latency issue but I really don't know. Can
someone enlighten?

System Specs:
Finale 2006c
Windows XP SP2