At 1:32 PM -0700 6/19/07, Bob Morabito wrote:

Again, Ryan W. (who ALSO wants this feature added, and who has kindly
supplied this info thru my online case)) has told me, that to make
the feature request vote official, people would need to submit it by
opening a case online or call.

I'm wondering if I'm just ignorant of a few things. This is the first time ever that I've seen the words "opening a case" in regard to MakeMusic. And I've gotten the distinct impression that MakeMusic does not operate on the basis of "vote-a-feature." Am I wrong?

And I might also observe that Finale is primarily a notation program, while MIDI is a set of performance standards. Finale does not pretend to be a full-featured sequencer, and MIDI was not designed to produce notation. (Same is true of Sibelius, of course.) Yes, it would be nice to have one program that satisfies every user's possible wish list, but is it realistic to expect to find one at an affordable price, and is it likely that Finale would be that one when known bugs have gone unaddressed for years?

John


--
John & Susie Howell
Virginia Tech Department of Music
Blacksburg, Virginia, U.S.A 24061-0240
Vox (540) 231-8411  Fax (540) 231-5034
(mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.music.vt.edu/faculty/howell/howell.html
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to