Christopher Smith wrote:
On Jun 20, 2007, at 8:59 PM, Carl Dershem wrote:
Christopher Smith wrote:
On 20.06.2007 Bob Florence wrote:
Do you all know the term "underscore" as used on a computer
keyboard.
I do. However, a friend told me he always had trouble using this one.
It's shift dash_. I want to use this in my e mail address.
Heh, heh, I think I know why he wants to do this. He wants an email
that is read like this "I underscore movies at warnerbrothers dot
com" or something similar. I already thought of that one... 8-)
Christopher
Hmmm... in that case, would 'underscore' be defined as 'writing sparse
music for'?
:)
Ah, I see you understand music set to image! Most neophytes write WAY
too busy when they start out writing for film, TV, CD-ROM background
music, jingles, ballet, etc. Part (a LARGE part!) of the experience is
what is NOT in the music, and most composers are used to composing for
nothing but sound.
Christopher
(who overwrites everything anyway, music for image being no exception...)
Or, as a jazz player would say "the notes you don't play are as
important as the ones you do."
:)
cd
--
http://www.livejournal.com/users/dershem/#
http://members.cox.net/dershem
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale