I knew this would be an interesting "can'o'worms".

I, like many others I'm sure, would add our names and weight (plenty here!)
to any genuine request to MM- but honestly, I wouldn't have a clue what to
ask for most of the time. Many features/bugs/cludges mentioned make my eyes
glaze over.
I have *never* said that any feature should not be available, nor asked why
is it there. I maintain a great curiosity about these wondrous new 'geegaws'
and am in awe of the folks who use them. I guess I'm really getting old.

What is needed is an in-house representative in MM. And possibly a monthly
submission of a petition from listers. I can't believe that of all the
clever folk there (how many would that be?) none are 'listers'!

Cheers K in OZ 

Keith Helgesen.
Ph: (02) 62910787. 
Mob 0417-042171

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
dhbailey
Sent: Friday, 22 June 2007 4:21 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Finale] e mails

[snip]
> At 10:40 AM 6/20/2007 -0400, dhbailey wrote:
>> I have just 
>> submitted 3 feature requests (or asked that my name be added to the list 
>> of users wanting these features, if such lists already exist):
>> 1) spiral, circular or other graphically-based score capability
>> 2) uneven bar-lines
>> 3) ability to beam across barlines with a single keystroke from within 
>> speedy entry or simple entry, to expedite the process that's now 
>> possible but is more time consuming.
> 
[snip]


Here is MakeMusic's reply to my request for uneven barlines, proving my 
point that we all need to lobby MakeMusic on each other's behalf:

*****
Isometric notation is a common request. As you describe the way around 
it is clunky. If you would like some ideas about that I would be glad to 
share my thoughts. I will add your name to this request but I all 
honesty the complexity in writing this feature is such that it will take 
many, many people to request it before we will implement it. I am sorry 
for any inconvenience.
*****

That pretty well sums it up!



-- 
David H. Bailey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to