Chuck,
There may indeed be some real "teachable moments" in this...would make students more aware of good performance practice and also might make for less mundane MIDI renderings as well! Has anyone authored a "jazz performance practice" text as has been done for other types of music?

Jim

Hi Jim,

No one has written that book, though I have some things that touch on the subject - especially accompanying, on the "articles" page of my web site. You are welcome to have a look. They are printable as pdfs.

I downloaded them eons ago and have told 100,000 of my closest friends to do so 
as well.


Dave Berger is the guy to write the part of such a book that applies to the winds, and he and I could write the rhythm section part together. All in all, it would suggest contradictions to a lot of contemporary school learned practice.

...and music would be better off for that.

Cheers...Jim


======================================================
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to