My employer provides my email and informs me that it's HTML or nothing. This is
Outlook Web Access.

From: David W. Fenton
Sent: Mon 02-Jul-07 17:36
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: RE: [Finale] Semi-OT: Attachments are back in my posts

On 1 Jul 2007 at 8:53, Carlberg Jones wrote:

> I received four posts from Jim Williams today. The first, third and
> fourth had attachments.
>
> The first message - msg-4190-1681.txt, the third message -
> msg-6999-3031.txt, the fourth - msg-8335-2391.txt.

The messages that had an attachment were replies to other messages.
Whatever email client is being used is putting the replies in
separate message parts and using attachments to populate those
message parts.

This is a terrible default format for an email client, though it is
perfectly "legal" formatting for email messages. It's terrible
because it's completely unnecessary, since it's just plain text
that's being put in the attachments.

Chances are there's a setting for controlling how replies are
generated, and a setting to always use plain text (which should be
turned ON at all times).