Hi Bob,
I can't reproduce your problem in either Fin2007 or Fin2008. I have a
MacBook Pro (2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo). I am using the M-Audio
Firewire Audiophile as my audio output device, and I get both
channels. I also tried with the built-in audio, and I also get both
channels.
Cheers,
- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY
On 19 Aug 2007, at 3:00 PM, Bob Shuster wrote:
Yes, this update has been out for more than a month, and yes, you
needed to be vigilant to have known about it. The big issue for me
(which I believe I mentioned on this list earlier) is that the
audio output - when using Intel-based Macs - is left channel only.
This may only affect those using Finale 2008, but I'm not sure - it
may be based on the KP update.
My response from MakeMusic on July 30: "This is a known issue at
this time. Our developers are aware of this and working on a fix
for this issue. Thank you for reporting this."
Something to consider before applying the update. This makes it
*severely* limiting when using JABB or GPO for quick playback of
your parts. I'm frankly surprised I haven't seen more discussion
of this on the list.
- Bob
-----
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 01:29:30 -0400
From: Darcy James Argue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Finale] JABB update for K2, Garritan Wiki
To: [email protected]
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; delsp=yes; format=flowed
Two items of interest:
1) The Kontakt Player 2 update for Garritan Jazz And Big Band has
been released. (Without much apparent fanfare -- I really wish Gary
would set up some way of notifying his customers when upgrades are
released.)
This upgrade finally makes it possible for Intel Mac owners to run
JABB for the first time -- which also means it's the first version of
JABB that will run acceptably on Mac laptops. It also adds
keyswitched saxophone doubles, so that you can switch from, e.g.,
alto sax to flute, clarinet, or soprano sax without having to load
additional patches and use channel change expressions. Finally, since
both GPO and JABB instruments can be loaded in the same Kontakt
Player instance, it makes it much easier to mix and match instruments
from different sample libraries.
2) There is now a (much-needed) Garritan Wiki <http://garritan.info>.
It includes, among other things, helpful instructions on how to
upgrade to the new JABB:
http://garritan.info/index.php/JABB_KP2_Update_for_Mac_OS_X
http://garritan.info/index.php/JABB_KP2_Update_for_Windows
Cheers,
- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale