First, make sure you have installed any drivers for your midi interface.
Step by step.
Go to Macintosh HD
Go to Applications
Go to Utilities
Open Audio Midi Setup
Your Midi interface should appear. Mine says Micro lite (MOTU Microlite
interface)
Click Add Device
a keyboard thing should appear called "new external device"
Click the little down arrow next to Manufacturer
Select Yamaha
Click the little down arrow next to Model
Click DX7
Click Apply
Now, on top of the DX7, drag the up arrow to the midi interface, and
then do the same from the interface to the DX7
that should be it. Enjoy
Robert Florence wrote:
Could someone give me a step by step midi set up?
I am using Mac Finale 2007. I am using an acient Yamaha DX7. It has
always worked fine. I don't care about playback. I can enter notes
rhythmically but they won't change pitches.
Thanks,
Bob Florence
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale