On 26-Aug-07, at 1:43 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

And while we're on the subject, my current project calls for three players to alternate quite often between fluegelhorns and trumpets. Can any of the trumpeters here enlighten me as to whether orchestral trumpters would have preferences for the trumpet parts to be written in B-flat or C in these
circumstances?

The players I write for prefer modern parts notated in Bb (though of course they can read anything!) Most of the repertoire is written for Bb, and the ones that prefer to play C as their main instrument (most of them) are so used to reading Bb parts that anything else risks confusion, especially switching back and forth to Bb flugel.

There IS kind of a Bb splat that I miss sometimes when I hear certain music played on C trumpet, but that is so nit-picky that I shouldn't really say anything, and leave it up to the players.

Christopher



_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to