On Aug 27, 2007, at 11:13 AM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

At 10:44 AM 8/27/2007 -0400, you wrote:
What then of Sofia Gubaidulina's setting of this text, wh. has been
not only performed but recorded?

More than the title of the flute concerto? I don't know this -- tell more.

Dennis


I'd partially misremembered, but the principal remains the same. I was thinking of _Hommage à T. S. Eliot _(1987), wh. includes texts excerpted from the _Four Quartets_. In the liner notes to tthe recording (DGG 427 336-2) there is an annotation that these texts "are reprinted with the permission of Mrs. Valerie Eliot and Faber & Faber Ltd.", wh. to me implies that DGG sought permission for the liner notes, but that S.G. did not do so for the actual composition. If she had, the wording would have said something like "used by permission" rather than the narrower "reprinted"

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://www.kallistimusic.com/


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to