On Sep 2, 2007, at 5:43 PM, Christopher Smith wrote:

Sorry about this in advance, but I don't often do this, so cut me a bit of slack.

I don't know who here follows the musical blogs, but this satirical site is quite funny. This post is for the jazz fans with a sense of humour only...

http://mcjeebie.blogspot.com/2007/05/poolitzer.html


and replying to myself:

Man, I can't believe I had never found this guy before! And our own Darcy Argue is even given a Jiminy Glick-like interview here more than a year ago:

http://mcjeebie.blogspot.com/2006/08/interviews-with-young-people-2- darcy.html

You are quite the sport, Darcy!


Although I was a little perturbed to find this quote on this page:

http://mcjeebie.blogspot.com/2007/04/unknown-masters-ariodney- hussington.html

McJeebie: Why is the piece called Jazz Improvisations if there's no improvisation?

Hussington: There is improvisation, but it happens in the composer's head, and, actually, it already happened. It was in the past.

I cringed just a little bit as I read that, because I have always lived by the adage that ALL creativity starts with improvisation (or play, same thing.) So here I am being parodied mercilessly, and I wasn't even in on the joke all these years...

Ha, ha, ha... hmmm...

christopher (lower case this time out of a deeply-felt sense of shame, not out of cool hipness like jef chippewa)


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to