And the Dover edition of the Beethoven string quartets where treble-clef
cello parts are written an octave higher than they sound.

> I remember doing some very old editions of Handel (I think it was Zadok)
> at
> school which were exactly like this. To us schoolkids it looked very
> peculiar with the altos apparently above the sops.
>
> Gary Griffiths
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
> Of
> Andrew Stiller
> Sent: 03 September 2007 16:18
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [Finale] alto as tenor?
>
> In two American choral works of the 1820s (different composers,
> different cities) I have encountered alto parts that are clearly
> intended to sound an octave lower than written, like the tenors.
>
> Has anybody else ever come across this practice?
>
> Andrew Stiller
> Kallisti Music Press
> http://www.kallistimusic.com/
>
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to