Darcy James Argue wrote:
I agree with David. HP's scanners are not remotely of the same quality as HP printers.

You really want a scanner from a company that takes scanning seriously, like Epson.

I have an HP scanner which has worked liked a true warrior for 10 years now and shows no sign of giving up the ghost. It's certainly as rugged a workhorse as my HP2100 printer.

I would certainly consider another HP scanner, based on the accuracy of the scans from the one I've got now. I wouldn't buy one blindly, but then I wouldn't buy an Epson scanner blindly either.

I'd suggest reading reviews, asking around among people whose computer skills you trust for specific model recommendations.

And if the signs all point to an HP scanner as meeting the criteria, buy it. If an Epson seems more to your needs, buy that. Canon is another company to consider.

--
David H. Bailey