I've seen this bug in 2007. Another way it shows is when you double click a measure in the Measure Tool to add a double bar, and it adds it in two places. THere are other manifestations, but I can't think of another right now.

To the best of my knowledge, it is not present in 2008 (one of the few longstanding bugs that isn't!), but I'm off 2008 now, and so won't be seeing it there anyway.

Christopher