On 31-Oct-07, at 5:14 PM, dc wrote:

I have a piece in C time AA'BB'. My source has both repeat signs for A in the middle of a measure. Would it make more sense to fill in the last measure of A to have both repeat signs agree with barlines?

Don't know if I'm stating this clearly.

There is a pickup bar. And then a repeat sign between beats 2 & 3 of m.1 and another one in the middle of m.8. I'm wondering if it would be better to shift both of these 2 beats to the right.

In a modern piece, I would shift them unless you have to stick to what the composer ordered for some reason. It is much more clear to make repeats coincide with barlines.

In a historical piece, I would keep the repeats where they are. Users of this music are used to it.

Christopher



_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to