Jari Williamsson wrote:
dhbailey wrote:

 > there isn't something similar
 > [...]
At least not that I've ever known about.

Look in the PI menu the next time.


Thanks for pointing that out to me. Just to see how well it works (since I obviously had never used it) I created a trial document of 180 measures, all the same, all filled up with 4 quarter notes (all B, not that it should matter).

I ran the plug-in -- it told me that it couldn't figure anything out and quit without placing any V.S. markings, even though such a document should have had one at the bottom of every page, there being no good page turn possibilities. It suggested that I should indicate some page turn places. That's what the plug-in is supposed to do, isn't it? Why else would they call it "smart" page turns? If I wanted to select my own page turns I wouldn't need to run the plug-in and could place the V.S. marking as an expression very easily.

So while there is a plug-in which *sort-of* does what Sibelius does automatically, if the user requests it, the Finale plug-in won't work on some files while Sibelius will put the V.S. or eyeglasses at the bottom of every page in the same trial document. And no need for a plug-in, it's part of the program and can be turned on and off as desired.

So while there is a plug-in which sort of does what I was saying, I was correct in saying that there isn't something in Finale which does it automatically.

--
David H. Bailey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to