That's not quite true, Darcy. I have a folder of files (about 500 or so) from
varying versions of finale and they all show up.

It does take Quick Look some time to index everything. If you want to see if QL
is working, select a file in the Finder, and hit the spacebar. See if it shows
a preview. I've seen icon previews be difficult if the system for some reason
thinks that the file is not really a Finale file. My iMac sometimes decides
that Finale Files are SimpleText docs and stops previewing them.