I'm not sure why you say you would have to upgrade to Leopard. Finale
2008 runs fine under Tiger. Have you tried running it on 10.3? Another
option would be to get a Tiger upgrade off eBay if 10.3 doesn't work.

There is a freeware program called Sheepshaver that will run classic
MacOS in a virtual machine on any Mac including Intel Macs. It is
mainly being maintained by WordPerfect diehards, and the most detailed
instructions for how to get it going are on a WordPerfect discussion
group. (I found it by googling.) In addition to Sheepshaver, you also
need a Mac ROM image and a version of MacOS v9.0 or lower. (They can't
support any version after 9.0 due to changes in the PPC architecture.)

I have not yet tried to get it working on my Mac, but I expect it to
require a fairly good-sized dose of geek power.

Speaking of geek power and Leopard, a friend of mine recently showed
me how he as Windows running on his Intel Leopard machine in such a
way that each windows window looks and behaves like a Mac window. The
Outlook message-received warnings even pop up on the Mac desktop. I
think he's using VMWare. Pretty nifty. And he can boot the machine
into native Windows if he needs to.

On Dec 11, 2007 8:43 AM, Martin Banner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The ability to run Classic on my computer is necessary for me
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to