On the official forum, a number of people are reporting crashing in Finale 2008a when they try to play with HP on. Sometimes playing the with All Staves helps and for others, trashing the preferences can help. The problem shows up most of the time with files started from older versions of Finale. (Like that can be avoided!)

Here is what the site administrator says about the problem:

When you trash the Finale preference file, it will be re-generated with the default settings the next time Finale is opened. It's a fast way to reset the program settings and eliminate any possible corruptions to the prefs file.

I'm not sure whether these issues are all the same core problem or not without more information and personalized troubleshooting. I would recommend starting a case with Technical Support - the link is in my signature. If you want to try and continue group troubleshooting on the Forum, posting a sample file with steps to reproduce the problem would speed that along. I'm seeing a lot of Leopard in sigs, so include your OS in your steps.

Robert's already emailing me about what can he do, but I think we need a clear diagnosis before we start trying to cure the patient!

http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=6&m=209442

-Randolph Peters

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to