Hi John,

Any file you access from a CD-ROM will be read-only. You must copy it to your HD to make it read-writable.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY

On 31 Jan 2008, at 10:40 PM, John Hughes wrote:

Dear Members,

I have a number of backup files on CDs going back to 2000. I haven't needed to access them before now, but when I did I found that they were "read only" files. I have no idea how they became read only files, but if I can't access them it will be extremely hard to take.

I'm hoping that one of you wizards will be able to help me here, and suggest some possible way of accessing them.

Many thanks in advance.

John Hughes