A-NO-NE Music wrote:
This is kinda yet another graphic problem.  I am currently on
FinMac2008a on OSX10.5.2.

I often write a pattern for an instrument,
place repeat signs graphically to bracket the pattern,
then draw an arrow to the right to indicate infinity loop till cue.

This used to work very well back in Fin3.7-FinMac97 days but not
anymore.  Shape designer gives totally unexpected results, like the
object I created appears in a wrong place with handle misplaced far from
I clicked.  And it is almost impossible to align it to where I want to.

EPS import from Illustrator CS3 gives weird white block background to
cover music if I used Maestro font.  TIF import is better but, again,
placing and resizing will never work especially zooming won't work with
these imported images.  I can only resize in Shape Designer (correct?)
but it jumps all over the places when I touch it.  Trial and error,
trial and error.  Frustrating.

Is there any better way?

Why do you need a graphic? Why not just use the good old Broadway show staple "Vamp till ready" or create a text block using a font which has arrows in it to place the right-pointing you want?

--
David H. Bailey