At 11:58 PM -0400 3/10/08, Darcy James Argue wrote:
Hi all,

Yes, I know I should actually join the Sibelius list and ask it over there, but I haven't gotten around to doing so yet, and the Sib users here are, so far, very knowledgeable and helpful, so...

I am having a recurring problem with Sibelius where it will periodically refuse to allow me to edit text. Double-clicking on a bit of expression, technique, or title text normally brings up the insertion point, but instead what happens is that the title bar flashes and the text remains blue (selected), not black and white (editable).

The only solution I have found to this problem is to quit and relaunch Sibleius, which is very annoying, especially since Sibleius takes an extremely long time to launch. Is anyone else seeing this? Does anyone have a solution that does not involve quitting and relaunching?

This is using OS X 10.5.2 on an Intel Mac.

Just a guess, but since I've not run into that (on OS 10.4.11) it might well be something in 10.5. There's only been one kind of text I couldn't edit that way (I think it may be the Instrument Name at the top of the pages), but when I try it sends me to the place where I CAN edit it. Never had to quit and reload (yet!!).

John

--
John R. Howell
Virginia Tech Department of Music