David McKay wrote:
I'm interested to know if it is worth upgrading to Finale 2008. I'm using
Winfin 2004, and am interested in features which might make inputting the
music easier or which improve the look of what is produced.
I mainly do simple stuff like inputting a part to transpose simply or
transcribing a piece for piano or a couple of instruments to play.
I don't think you'll find much that makes inputting the music easier nor
much that improves the looks.
What you'll find is that the linked score/parts makes keeping track of
changes and keeping the score and the parts synchronized much more
easily. But if you're not extracting parts to print separately it won't
offer you anything.
The quality of playback has improved significantly but only if you've
got a powerhouse computer.
Of course you can always download the demo and try it out and make a
better informed decision.
--
David H. Bailey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale