Well, the Command key doesn't work for me either. It just selects one staff at a time, un-selecting any other ones.
KIM R

On Apr 24, 2008, at 10:00 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:15:05 -0400
From: Christopher Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Finale] PROGRAMMING Staff Sets
To: finale@shsu.edu

On 23-Apr-08, at 3:32 PM, Kim Richmond wrote:

I'm trying to program a Staff Set that let's me view only the 5
saxophones and keyboard.
        Here's the instruction from the Tutorial:
============
Let’s say, for example, that you want to work just on the Violin I
and Viola lines; you want to hide the blank staves so Finale won’t
waste time redrawing them.

From the View Menu, choose Scroll View.
Click the Staff Tool
. First you’ll use the Staff Tool to tell Finale which staves you
want to see.
Click the handle of the Violin I staff. Then, while pressing
, click the handle of the Viola staff.
-clicking allows you to select several staves one at a time, even
if they’re not adjacent in the score.
That's not the way it works for me. Pressing Shift and selecting
non-continuous staves selects all the ones in between. Solution?
All the best,

For Mac it's the splat key (command, or Apple key). I have found a
few places in the Mac documentation where it is obviously destined
for PC users.

Christopher