Phil Daley wrote:
At 6/9/2008 10:18 PM, Patrick Sheehan wrote:

 >Was there digests sent on June 8th and today, June 9th?

I don't think there were any messages.

It has been abnormally quiet around here recently -- perhaps the lull before the storm which will undoubtedly accompany the release of Finale2009.

Any bets on what new features (hopefully useful to the majority of us) will appear?

Any bets on which menu items they'll move from one menu location to another just to confuse us? I know that's not their intent, but the past couple of versions have moved items from places which, logical or not, I had at least gotten used to, to places which seemed to be no more logical but to be more of a pain in the butt. I'm hoping they've revamped the menus to make more sense. We'll see.

I also wonder if they will have included any new sounds in the included soundset -- Sibelius5 not only used Garritan sounds but also included sounds from other libraries. I wonder if Finale will do likewise.

Any bets as to whether Finale will finally allow unlinked measure number placement (and maybe even unlinked regions)?

--
David H. Bailey