I'm sure others have their favourites they would love to add in, so go ahead!

C.

Fin 2kb mac crashes every time I try to use human playback. Apparently this is to do with having a score expression in the piece, so that's not very useful. I miss being able to record off my playbacks with all the human playback goodies added into the mix (perc rolls, harp glisses etc.), these are a real pain to do manually.

I take you mean Fin 2k8 mac?

Have you tried applying the Human Playback plugin to your piece, instead of using Human Playback in the playback window? This means that the playback is fixed (Human Playback won't be applied to any new elements you add after running the plugin) but it might save you from a crash. I use it when I need swing for a portion of a tune only.

On the other hand, I have certain files that ALWAYS crash on playback. I don't know why, and tech support doesn't have the problem with the file I send. Human Playback or not. I suspect file corruption, tech support hasn't a clue.

Also, Auto Update Layout (Prog Options - Edit -) is broken. Every time I reset this to being checked and then do a Cmd-U it gets magically unchecked.

Engraver slurs are still very erratic (some slurs seem to go way to high) and I find I need to print to pdf first to check everything over before printing to paper.

This might be a workaround: go to Page View, select the Smart Shapes Tool, select all, nudge arrow up once, then nudge arrow down once. This removes the "smart" aspect to to the slurs, but they are all in exactly the same place. Do this last before printing, as they won't resize properly when you make edits any more.

Crashes randomly when applying multiple artics and then changing layers.

This used to happen to me all the time in 2007 on my last computer (G4 circa 700mHz) but hasn't happened once on my Intel Mac. I don't know why. I didn't have to change layers for it to crash, either.

Problems with Tiling Windows, where sometimes the windows are open but fail to appear and I need to quit and restart finale to get them back.

Hmm, this might be corrupted preferences. Try trashing preferences (but don't empty the trash, just in case you need the prefs back again because this didn't solve it!) Using the prefs from my old G4 caused all kinds of window problems until I trashed it and rebuilt prefs.

Ever hopeful and optimistic,

Jonathan

Yes, me too.

Christopher