From: Rob Deemer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 10:38:21 -0400
To: <finale@shsu.edu>
Subject: Re: [Finale] Score Binding Question

> My guess is those scores are going to be pretty
> thick (as each page would only have 4-6 measures)

Actually I tend to get more measures per page than that. Usually 8-10
measures is the average. But it does drop down to the 3-4 measure/page range
in the fast passages where there's a lot of 16th or 32nd-note runs.

> I'm curious...how are you copying these scores? Bringing a laptop into the
> Library of Congress on a daily basis and doing it there?

Not on daily basis, but yeah, that's what I do. I bring in my laptop on
Saturdays when I'm not working and I don't have anything else to do, which
isn't often. I get over there maybe once or twice a month.

> And what are your plans for the scores once they're done?

Just to have them as part of my collection. I have a pretty extensive film
score collection-- mostly professionally published scores like the Hal
Leonard series of John Williams's work. The first two ALIEN films are among
my favorites-- both in terms of the movies themselves and the music-- so I
just want them to have for myself.