Well, the documentation is, what, about 10,000 pages? The linked part documentation is not the first place I would have looked. I would have been looking with futility in the text tool book.

At some point, I think it is fair put some responsibility on the software designers. If there is a property that hides or shows a text object on a linked part, that property should be accessible in the context menu (right click), as would be the case with any properly designed Windows application.

Darcy James Argue wrote:
Hi Craig,

You need to hide them in the parts while leaving them visible in the score. This can be done from the score by first hiding them all, then showing them again while holding down the override key. With Finale 2009's multi-page editing, it should (theoretically) be able to do this all in one go.

Everyone hates to be told to RTFM, but seriously... you need to read the chapter in the Finale documentation relating to linked parts for details. It is essential reading for anyone working with linked parts. It takes five minutes to read, and will explain everything you need to know about working with linked parts.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]