Ah, but the ONLY thing that doesn't get copied across is the smart shape. Any staff expression comes out in all the exploded parts, as does any accent, staccato, or any articulation assigned to the original chord. So the single instance theory seems to me to be applied in an inconsistent manner and is not at all logical to the idea of "explode" to parts.

Also, I seem to remember that a few versions (years) back the hairpins and other smart shapes DID get transferred on explode, maybe others can remember? I'll open up a few older versions to see if I can put my finger on the exact one.

Jonathan

When you explode, there is only a single instance of each hairpin and expression, so to end up with one on each new staff means that the developers need to create more instances of those hairpins and expressions.