I can reproduce this. There is a setting which governs this behaviour:

When you use the percentage tool to resize the system in the piano part, there is an option "Update Page Format". If this option is checked, the page format for all parts is changed, meaning that any new systems in any other part will be reduced to the same percentage as in the piano part. If you uncheck this option, new systems the violin part will not be reduced.

Michael