I didn't get your previous message. But yes, I am of course talking about touching a node on the piano string with one hand while pressing the corresponding key with the other hand and holding down the sustain pedal. This is what "piano harmonics" generally means.

I don't know if there's a standard term for the kind of sympathetic vibrations you describe. I've generally heard those done by silently depressing and holding down the key corresponding to a higher partial (to release the damper), then playing the fundamental -- usually a short and loud note -- to trigger a sympathetic vibration. Those are cool, but they aren't what people mean when they say "piano harmonics."

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]