Thanksalot!

I'll give this a try at my next writing session.

/D

PS - BTW this is Finale 2007 for Win, eh...version "c" if I my memory does
not fail me...but I don't have it here right now. - DS

> This is a problem in all versions of Finale with linked parts.
>
> The solution is to be in the part view with the Staff Tool selected, then
> go to the Staff menu and select Reset Staff Styles To Score. I have to do
> this with depressing regularity, especially if I have ever copied or
> erased Staff Styles while in the score. You also have to repeat this
> action with every part that contains Staff Styles.
>
> You can have Staff Styles that are different between parts and score. If
> you change or enter a Staff Style while in the score, the part is SUPPOSED
> to inherit it automatically, but if it doesn't then you effect the repair
> I mentioned. If you change a Staff Style while in the Part, then it only
> appears in the part and not in the score. I haven't had any trouble with
> this one so far.
>
> Best
>
> Christopher
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Dan Tillberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Sunday, October 12, 2008 15:55
> Subject: [Finale] Staff style gone in part
> To: [email protected]
>
>> All,
>>
>> a quick one. In the part I have choosen slash notation for the
>> most of the
>> bass. When I go to the part, the slashes are gone and the rests
>> are back.
>> When select the staff tool, right click the blue line above the staff,
>> then in the score it says on the first line "Edit staff style
>> 01. Slash
>> notation" which is fine.
>>
>> But when I go the part and do the same, I see "Edit staff style
>> "..." and
>> selecting that shows that the part has not got any staff style
>> at all
>> although there is still this blue line there showing that a
>> staff style
>> has actively been selected.
>>
>> Why don't the slash notation style follow to the part? Anyone?
>>
>> Thanks
>> /D
>> _______________________________________________
>> Finale mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to