Hi everyone:

A friend has let me borrow a book called "Musical Ensembles in Festival
Books: 1500 - 1800." by Edmund A. Bowles. It must have hundreds of woodcuts
and drawings from original sources, that I've never seen before-- and I've
read a lot of music history books. It's really impressive.  I was told the
study of musical iconography is an area of study, primarily in Germany,
where many similiar type of books are printed in four color ink (they must
be *very* expensive). Would anyone on the list know about specific titles? I
would love to find more information.

Thank you!
Kim

--
Kim Patrick Clow
"Early Music enthusiasts think outside the Bachs!"