On Dec 14, 2008, at 12:26 PM, Bonnie Janofsky wrote:

A friend of mine has conflicts with Finale 2008 and his 424 PCI card with his MOTU 2408, 3rd version if I recall correctly. Has anyone found this Finale 2008 incompatibility? And is it corrected in Finale 2009?

I was never able to get F08 to work with my 424PCI. I went through an extensive trouble shooting session at MM and MOTU without success. I went so far as to reformat the system disk (using the option that takes like a day to write over the whole disc), install all software and updates and still got the Finale Crash on Start. Removing MOTUPCIAudio.kext would let Finale run, but then, of course, DP wouldn't run and all audio went to the computer speaker. Rather than use a separate startup disc with F08 and no PCI driver (and have only sound from the computer speaker) I decided to stay with F07. Here is my setup:

Dick H

Dual 2 Ghz G5 PPC, 4  Gig
OSX 10.5.5, QT 7.5.5, iTunes 8.0.2
DP 6.01, Clockworks v 1.51
Cuemix Console v 1.42
PCI Audio Midi Set up v 1.31
1224, 2408 MkII, MTPAV, Morpheus        , DMPro