Yes, this is strange new (I think) behaviour in Finale 2009 (maybe even 2008).

In Speedy, you have to hit the / key on the second grace note AND then on the second eighth note. If you hit it on the same note twice, it won't work no matter how many times you hit the slash key on the other note (so if you have already tried this several times and have pressed the slash key an EVEN number of times, you won't get it to work until you have pressed it ONE more time and moved on to the other note.

I remember this behaviour as being position the cursor on the GRACE note and hit the slash (instead of the more obvious: position the cursor on the EIGHTH note.) But now you have to do it on BOTH notes, and only an odd number of times, never even!

Christopher