This is what happened to me with 2008. Never got it to work. Mem test didn't find anything, After exhausting everyones good advice, to no avail, I tried completely reformating the disk and reinstalling all programs from scratch. Still didn't work. I could run it with out the MOTU software that I use for DAW and audio I/O, but as soon as I installed it, I'd have the crash on start at the same spot you did.

Are you using MOTU software or hardware? What computer and system are you using.

Dick H