On Feb 18, 2009, at 7:26 AM, Florence + Michael wrote:

I just updated Finale 2009 to 2009b on my Powerbook

Sorry to say that I don't have a suggestion, but I am going to follow this thread with interest. My crash on start was with F2008. Never did get it to work.

I had thought that it was due to a conflict with MOTU PCI drivers, but another person on the list recently reported similar problems without any of those in the system, so it's something else. I don't remember them reporting a fix.

Is your audio being routed through any non "CORE"  drivers?

Let us know what you come up with.

Dick H