Christopher Smith wrote:
What's up with copying measures containing tuplets to other staves vertically?

I have a measure of 8/4 (showing as 4/4, so I can fit 8 beats worth of cadenza in.)

In some other parts, I have a whole note with a fermata, set to be a tuplet of 8 quarternotes in the space of 8 quarters. All looks good in the first part, but when i copy it to another staff, it turns into a double-whole-note, in other words, the tuplet does not copy properly. I have 'all" set to copy in the Selection Tool filter, which is supposed to include tuplet definitions.

Am I missing something (entirely possible) or should I just abandon this and notate the cadenza as 8 quarters in the space of 4 and change the time sig back?
It seems to me you are getting exactly what you ask for: 8 quarter notes is a double whole note, and you're asking for it in the space of 8 beats. If you want your whole note with a fermata, you want to ask for a "reverse" tuplet, of 4 quarter notes in the space of 8. This will give you the whole note you desire.

ns