Hi, I just restored the original drive name. It had been renamed in the process of replacing a drive that was exhibiting problems and threatening to fail. Computers are, by nature and design, and maybe by necessity, remarkably literal (seems to me). What is interesting to me is that, in spite of this "literal" characteristic, there are also methods that are built in to applications (and maybe into the operating system, I'm not sure where all of these things reside) that will deal with situations when the machinery hits a wall and doesn't find what it expects. I got a dialog that allowed for manual or automatic searches for the "missing" samples, and they were found every time. There were limitations in the design of the interface - the dialog window didn't show enough of the path to allow me to see where the samples were, or where they belonged - hence the question I posted in the hope that someone else would know, but they were always found automatically nonetheless. It turns out they were always in the right place (inside the Garritan folders) where they had been automatically located when they were first installed. They'd never been moved, and only my renaming of the drive compromised the pathway the computer used to look for them. A little frustrating - but I am also intrigued by trying to acquire some intuition about how these things are designed.

Chuck