On 25 May 2009 at 7:29, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

> > There's history on this. After the switch to PPC, how long was it
> > before Mac software dropped support for the Motorola chips (whatever
> > the class of them was called)?
>
> Without any intention of making this a platform war: Yes, you are right.

How is pointing out past history in danger of starting a platform
war? There's history here, and the way things played out in the past
might be a guide as to how things will play out this time around. If
it was 5 years before everybody stopped supporting the old chips last
time around, maybe it will be about 5 years this time, too. I don't
know the answer to how long support for the old platform lasted, but
I suspect that Mac users might remember.