I thought I'd update the list on my inability to open my 2009 documents in
2010. It is a known problem to MakeMusic that a 'handful' of people have
encountered. The best information I've received is that it is a problem with
templates. They've asked me how far back in versions was the original
template made (not sure - maybe 2003, maybe 3.7) and if I had converted the
template from old versions to new versions (yes, of course). The problem has
been passed to the research people, then the quality assurance people, and
now I'm told that it is back with research. They can't tell me at this point
if a maintenance upgrade will have the problem fixed or not. In the
meanwhile, I'm trying my hand with Sibelius 6 (after using Finale
exclusively since version 3.7) and after only a few days with it, I'm not
seeing any compelling reason not to stick with it, but it is early days.

James Gilbert