I have found a few things that will kill a PDF or EPS file on Mac.

!. Bad font. MIght print and display properly from inside Finale, but just won't embed. Usually old fonts (I used to know this, but I forgot what the old style of font is that breaks EPS.)

2. Custom arrowheads in Smart Shapes. Even the ones supplied by MakeMusic. They just return errors until you are ready to pull your hair out. There may be other things in Smart Shapes too, like rotated text, that will refuse to embed.

3. An embedded graphic in the Finale file. Once again, I used to know exactly which ones broke, but I forgot because I never do it any more (would you?)

On a copy of your file, try deleting these items, or try printing to file a page range omitting pages with those things, to see if you can track down the offending item.

Hope this helps.

Christopher