On 2009/09/05, at 15:51, toronado...@gmail.com wrote:

Each time I press play, before a single note has been played (even if no notes are entered in the score yet) volume controller messages are being sent to my MIDI keyboard for each track. This is volume, not key velocity. I've tried turning off H.P., unchecking "send patches before play", and changing the values of the levels in the instrument list and mixer, all to no avail. The volume leveles are being set to 64 even though they say 100 (or anything else) in the instrument list. I created this score using the
wizard. Anyone know what is going on?

Apology if I am not understanding this, but are you talking about _volume_ as in CC7? I have a feeling you are mistaking with channel gain as in CC11. If you do not wish that to happen, you should filter it at the destination. If you use a MIDI interface such as MOTU MTP/ AV, you can filter it on the hardware.

I'd imagine you can insert CC11 at the beginning of each track in Finale, no? Altho you are seeing 64 is odd. The standard is 110.

--
- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Greater Boston
http://a-no-ne.com   http://anonemusic.com