On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 1:38 PM, David W. Fenton
<lists.fin...@dfenton.com> wrote:

> But it *has* been done -- some of the Editions Fuzeau facsimiles are
> of early printed editions, and the facsimile text is lightly edited
> (with suitable notes in the extensive commmentaries).

My guess is that out of tens of thousands of notes in Telemann's
printing of the Table Music,
(he engraved it himself), there were a few mistakes that will be
annotated in a critical report. I'm guessing
those mistakes were discovered when DG Archiv recorded these in the late 1980s.

For what its worth: Telemann's 1736 publication of six suites which
was long believed to have been lost,
has been recovered from a single print in Moscow. A new edition has
been published and Pavel Serbin
and his ensemble "Pratum Integrum" has recorded all of the suites on
SACDs with the Caro Mitus label.
I have no idea when they will be available here in the United States.
The works are scored for string orchestra
with 2 horns.

I'm just hoping a single copy of Telemann's Heroic Marches will show
up in Russian archives. All the performances
you hear at concerts, weddings, and on CDs, is based on an arrangment
of 12 of the marches (apparently there
were 24) and other instruments were included. This arrangement was
done prior to WW2. A single surviving original print was destroyed at
the University of Konigsburg, Germany in 1945. But there are "rumors"
the library contents were removed to Russia
for safekeeping.

Thanks
Kim