And I can't think of very many musical situations where you would want some of the musicians to be in one key and others to be in a different key, even if enharmonically equivalent. Stop the rehearsal and say "that Db needs to be changed" and you'll get the guitarists and bassists scratching their heads and complaining that you don't know what you're talking about "'cause we don't have any stinking Db at all!"

I agree with Aaron that even if a person wants two different key signatures, it should definitely be the users' decision, not the program's.

David H. Bailey

P.S. by the time you're writing music with 7 flats -- it's for advanced musicians who should be equally comfortable playing in flats or sharps.

arabu...@cowtown.net wrote:
Still, that should be the users' decisions and not Finale's.

ajr

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com