> Dc wrote:
> Would you care to share this? I'd be interested in seeing both
> versions.
>
> And thanks for all the other comments.
>
> Dennis

I found the original Finale version, but not the Sibelius version. I think I
used it to help generate my own house style that was a much like my Finale
house style as I cared for it to be. (I must have deleted the Sibelius
version since I didn't need it anymore). However, having nothing better to
do right now :) I re-created the Sibelius version as follows (in less time
than it took to write this email). I just realized this does not have any
beams in it, so no comparison of beams:
- exported the Finale file via the built in XML export
- imported it into Sibelius retaining the original document formatting and
making no change to the house style
- Adjusted the title/subtitle and composers location by selecting and
dragging down (XML imports seem to put those items too high on the page)
- Loaded in my own house style, resetting the page size to the original
document size (as my house style is letter size, this file is not)
- Respaced the note spacing, optimized the layout, all to the defaults in my
house style

I exported both versions to a TIFF file at 300dpi. The Finale file size is
huge compared to the Sibelius version. Those can be found at:

www.jamesgilbertmusic.com/test/Sibelius.tif and
www.jamesgilbertmusic.com/test/Finale.tif

I will not leave these online for very long. In case the copyright police
are lurking, let me add that the files are for illustrative/educational
purposes and neither the graphics nor my printouts were for anything other
than educational purposes. I'm not sure of the original (legal) source this
was transcribed from but it's around here somewhere.

You might wonder about the oddball page size of the images if you try to
print them. To remain true to the original experiment it is necessary. In
addition to comparing finale output vs. sibelius at the time I originally
did this, I was also figuring out how to export graphics so that I could
import it into my musicpad (which requires a page size of roughly 768 x 1024
pixels). When I printed this direct from the notation software I chose to
'print to fit' in the printer options.

Hope this helps,
James Gilbert
JamesGilbertMusic.com

PS. If anyone is in Micanopy, FL this weekend for their fall festival, come
see me play the piano at the historical Episcopal church on the main
festival street. I'll be playing Sunday starting at 1pm. If I play
everything I've planned to play it may be one of the few times you'll hear
Dixie and The Stripper played in a church building (and I might add with the
encouragement of people at the church who asked me to play).