Super-annoying, indeed. I'm on a Mac Pro, 10.6, Finale 2010b. In my case, more often than not when in Speedy the bar I just left (no pun intended) is what turns white, or the notes in layer 1 in the bar I'm working in (see above) turn white while I'm in layer 2.

This seems especially annoying since Finale 2009 sat unopened on the shelf while I worked all last year in 2k8. Now I finally started using the new version and was beginning to like it when this started happening. Yeah, I can get out of it by toggling between Page and Scroll views, but what an awful, seemingly inexcusable (forgive me) irritation at such a basic level of inputting.

I'm not a programmer and realize there is a staggering number of variables in software and hardware combinations to try to second-guess these days, but after 20-some years of buying every version of Finale, this is hard to swallow.

Doug