So I have peeked around to see if others have similar issues, but haven't heard much - so maybe some hardware guys here have some good ideas.

I have a nice old Dual G5 (1.8GHz) running 10.4.11, recently upgraded to 10.5.8; my video card is a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 with 64MB VRAM.

Only recently I work more in 2010 and it is pretty sluggish on my setup.
I'm flying in 2008, the program always keeps up with my speed. I use Quickeys quite a bit. When I switch to 2010 I find myself having to wait for the program to "catch up". Switching tools, screen redraws, etc. - I always have to wait that extra fraction of a second, sometimes a big fraction of a second.

Any advice? adding more memory? getting a new machine?

Thanks!
Thomas Schaller