I guess this is more of a Macintosh question than a Finale question, but
given the experience of users on this list, I'm sure someone has the answer.

I finally started using Finale 2010. However, I still have a few straggling
projects that I want to finish in 2008. Is there a way to get a file to
ALWAYS open in Finale 2008 even though the default for all .mus files is now
Finale 2010?

Here's what I've done so far: I changed the "Open With" option in the Get
Info menu, (Highlight the file name in the Finder window, right click,
choose Get Info). But that only works when neither version of the program is
open.

I want to double click "File_A.mus" and have Finale 2008 open up,  even if
Finale 2010 is already open and I'm working on another file. I know I can
drag the file's icon over the Finale 2008 icon in the doc, but I'm far too
busy to be bothered with that! Seriously, though, there will come a time
when I need to open that file again in the future, and I'll have forgotten
which version of Finale I used to create the file. Also, I'd like to avoid
adding a "2008" to the filename since I have several orchestra pieces with
extracted parts.

Mac OS 10.5.8